Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sweet Home

[Verse 1]
I'm from that city of green trees and cold breeze
Where the skies leave water droplets that don't freeze
We breathe coffee and try to rock clothes all jaunty
Mixed with the vagabonds of bad luck put on me
So calmly, I walk these different roads and streets
Putting my headphones in like kicks against the beats
Two tires, two feet, against the concrete complex
In context, we never what know we will conjure next
But I trust that where I'm from, the blood never spills
The ink does from the quill and we giveaway our will
From my home town we hone down and joke around
No more smoke rounds or bull nouns, we just cool down
And heat up when called for. We're tempered in our ways
From Sundays to Sunday we find salvation when we play
They tell me home is where the heart is, so when I start this
Just know that my house is inside my own body where my art lives

[Verse 2]
Voices calling me in rapid speed telling me what I need
Versus what I want. It's all the same when I read
The words they give me, please, just let me be
I never thought I'd end up like this in the end, who is he?
He is the kid with fingers like highways
From the city where every day is Friday
Rocking snapbacks like backward snaps
Just out of syntax or the synapse coupled with bad facts
Rain soaked everything, even to his bones
Too many seats in his heart to be left alone
Shattered and broken but still holistic
Speaking sad hymns with confidence prolific
Writing suicide notes that sound terrific
Hailing from the pacific and gets too specific
Look into his eyes, he's looking real tired
But when he smiles the mood gets higher
Label him a liar, label him a monster
Label him anything, as long as its proper
Call him what he is, call him what he isn't
Whatever you call him, it never is that distant
Think of the names, think of the slurs
Repeat everything he's said to himself for sure
You can't hurt him not because he's bulletproof
But because he already knows where he's from, he holds his truth
He holds his breath, he holds your hand
He holds a conversation, please understand
The home is where your heart is
Home is my own body, wherever it lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment