Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dear Year

Dear Spring, I just got my wings, fresh sprouted
Like your flowers, our first hour, undoubted
We're both new to this world, unassuming to danger
But if we resume the unknown anger, we'll become strangers
So let's keep it nice and neat until again we meet
Let's hope we don't change so much, please stay sweet
Bathe me in your gentle sunshine while I sit and relax
Let me imagine tracks while I recline back and perhaps
When I return, you'll blossom just a little more awesome
Your lush scenery is my muse, so don't stop em
But you told me you needed me to be less conceited
And I couldn't believe it, so you got a little heated
Now Summer, I'm just trying to survive this
Other guys approached you, but they called quits
As for myself, I'm right here if you need me
And truthfully, your new found fire emotionally
Has left our relationship openly revealed
Pulled back and peeled, so much squabbles and zeal
And now it just feels different
You've left a vivid image of my want for a stipend
Now you're fueling my lust for a certain need
The devil's favorite weapon with no second is greed
You got me sweating bullets and fabricating fiction
For that fascinating depiction, I becomes Nixon:
All scandal, but what happened to the depth?
I refuse to stoop down to this level, but what's next?
Now you're leaving? Oh, that's real great
Autumn, you should know I've got a lot on my plate
You're just going to let me drop dead and cold?
C'mon, quit with the act, it's getting kind of old
Sweeter than candy, and now you're giving thanks
Quit with the lies and games, no need for the pranks
I told you from the beginning, I'll be right here
As soon as you realize it and get over your fear
I know you didn't like me because of my lower stature
But you read my brief introduction and my chapters
And now after all that, we've returned to laughter
That's good, you've already got me enraptured
You're changing again? Well that's fine, by all means
I hear rumors that you've become an ice queen
But not you Winter, cause past all the glitz and magazines
You can still make a teens fantasy and dreams
Become reality, having me defy gravity
Floating down like snowflakes falling out of the galaxy
You've finally become a little more chill and collected
You've accepted and finally respected my perspective
I'm glad after all this we've finally did something right
So after all the darkness, it comes back to light
But strange enough, it goes full circle
Laws of nature require this to be all universal
You've warmed up to me and crowned me king
This isn't deja vu, is it now Spring?
Seasons have changed but I haven't stopped
The metaphor is reasoned to be Hip Hop
This is genuine, so use that letter opener
Read this parchment, I'll never be gone (when it's over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment