Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Demon in a Suit

Devil in a new dress, demon in a suit
Monster has his slacks pressed, goblin attire astute
If you think I'm so pomp, check my circumstance
Graduation cap making me feel like a freaking champ
I've been doing this since 2008 or whenever
And steadily, exponentially, I've been getting more clever
In the next degree, about to earn a diploma
Making up for restless nights with weekend comas
What have I earned? A couple of new stripes
A few dozen scars and a bundle package of what's right
A slip of paper with some writing in English old
And I finally got that dream undeterred: sold!
In and out of so many identities
I guess in the end all I can hope is for you to remember me
And my enemies, and my memories
Can all live safely in my heart, is this the end to be?
Jack of all trades, and a master of some
I'm running out of time faster than a bullet leaves a gun
My chest is a barrel, my Sunday best apparel
Tumbling down the rabbit hole, understand me Lewis Carrol?
My rap beats are track meets, yeah I run it back
You can't match me in khakis, please cut some slack
Valedictorian, I've got a four point flow
Magic eight crystal ball: because I'm always in the know
Check my principle, I've been split so much I'm indivisible
Look at me so confident when yesterday I was pitiful
Quite pathetic, would you look at that?
But I always come out on top like a hat
And I can bust a rap, El Gordito
It's always sunny like my name is De Vito
And I'm not just ignorant, I can clearly see the rain
But I'm spitting fire and I'm thinking flames
And what is my freaking name? It's not just Alex Dang
It's not just that feeling when you want so much you start to pang
It isn't Alexander, it's something grander
It's the moment when the crowd is in a bonanza
Even when I talk George Castanza
I'm walking this steady like a German Wanzer
The poetic epic and rhetoric of a goddamn boss
My speech can impeach presidents, oh my gosh!
Are you at a loss? Well here, have some words
I can concur that this nerd can rhyme absurd
Yes he's a hero, yes he's a zero
Yes he's making more money than Robert Deniro
Showin' that Ronin is blowin' and smokin'
Game controller, down right fierce: hadoken!
Sharp collared shirt, tie ammunition clip
I'm obviously dressing to kill, aiming for that gossip
Freshman year trying to figure out what it meant
Sophomore year thinking that I'm at my 100 percent
Junior year taking on the greatest stress load
Senior year is a great occasion, look at the dress code
Second Semester Senior Status Slide is a great dance
Best to be done by hundreds of people if you get the chance!
Enjoy it while you can, revel so incredible
Time is ticking down but at least I got a new bezel

No comments:

Post a Comment