Friday, September 21, 2012

Out of Place

[Verse 1]
Out of my mind, out of my time
Rewind the clocks just because I'm
About to lose it a little more severley
Purely for the notion and do it twice just to see me
Double take, hustle cake, struggling bakery
Causing mayhem like Durden did to catering
Reading books like the last man on Earth
Every Sunday put it all on the line to see what I'm worth
This is me right here, I'm not left behind
Ambidextrous ambition that can only be mine
Arduous unique to my entire standing
Time is an angry boss whom is way too demanding
Not concerned with the silver, throw away the bronze
What is even gold? All I need is the dawn
Maybe the glitter in your eyes, wait let me backtrack
You're a real cool cat and I'm caught in a rattrap?
Things are real confusing, who is even here?
I'm looking at someone else in the mirror
My life is boiled down into cliches
But take a look at my face and you think things are peachy!
What do you even see? Honestly?
A kid who's outlived his use? Obsolete
Can I reset this game if things go horrifically?
Uh oh is my native language which I speak prolifically

[CHORUS] x2
First is the worst
An extra second is the best
Third is the one with the treasure chest
Then where does fourth land in this mess?

[Verse 2]
Sharpie tattoos like crumpled grocery lists
I used to have people ask "What is this?"
But hardly do people take the time to ask what it is
I used to really be but now I just exist
I'm not that depressed, nothing really happened
Nothing out of the ordinary or too awful to imagine
I'm just a normal kid, and that scares me
I'm not individually cool or anything. I'm just barely
Messed up and broken in some weird way
Like a 20 minute flight delay
A little inconvenient, but you don't really care
You never really think "Oh goodness, what happened out there?"
No one is very curious, no one ever asks
No one sees my face, they just think it's my mask
But it's really my fault, I wore it on the first day of school
As a tool, as a guise of "Cool"
I could just open up and make one more connection
But in the first place it doesn't take a second
It's always in that third or fourth time we can talk
And by that time I've struck out or I walked

No comments:

Post a Comment