Friday, September 28, 2012

Swerve

[Chorus]
Never let them tell you how to feel
Never let them tell you what is real
You have to figure that with your own nerves
You see an obstacle? Homie I just
Swerve.

[Verse 1]
I've had opportunity handed and results been demanded
Stayed way solid and never took it all for granite
Because the man is back up on his grind right in time
Before life was gonna hit em like he does with the rhymes
I'm at a different kind of place I've never been before
Opened up some new doors and closed a few more
I feel like I'm growing up but I'm always looking down
Too shy to really speak my mind so this is my honest sound
I ain't got another place to shout it all out raw
Scrambled up and cracked jagged like the edge of a saw
But what do I see? And what do I even know?
I'll still be a kid. Getting hashtagged is my green light to go
Updated the nerve. Installed some new patches
The hardware was always there but cleaned up to match it
You ever feel like getting reinvented and starting new?
I'm recycling the old pages. Back then I said it true
So now I'm just saying it a little more refined
A little more polished. Gander into my diamond mind
A girl's best friend. You know what it is
You stay for good when it started as just a visit
Even if I say something really specific on this track
Just bookmark it for the future so you can look back
Because every single song is a little note in my journal
In general this kernel of truth are my stripes and I earned them
Hit them in a major way. Comfort for the hater's day
Even in private I am deeper than Crater Lake
My pen is mightier than a sword or a gun
I hail from the land of bridges and a rainy sun, um
What more do I say? I'm forever right here
18 eternal within these sound bytes that you hear
Immortalized forever within my own writing
I've made a room for loving and an armory for fighting
This is my year. Go ahead and check my receipt
I'll build bridges of faith and the others will just have to leap
I'm not going for revenge. Just proving it my way
At the end of the day they will all say:

Nothing at all. Just see the lock jaws
Just see the jaws drop as the cameras flash my awe
I've lived romantically. Never shallow and pedantically
Jay turning into Gatsby. I am the man that I aim to be

[Chorus]
Never let them tell you how to feel
Never let them tell you what is real
You have to figure that with your own nerves
You see an obstacle? Homie I just
Swerve.

[Verse 2]
If my fans line up for me, what do they really want?
A little bit of comedy or some past tragedies and haunts?
Will I make it in rapping or in some other fields?
Is poetry my deal or is writing what is real?
Will Smith Format: rapper turn to actor?
Will being Asian determine a bigger factor
than I anticipated or even really thought of?
For now I'm feeling the swagger of riding shotgun
Elementary, to middle and I got real high
Residing at the collegiate level. Learning how to fly
Cooking my own meals, paying my own bills
My trusty quill and my inkwell is never still
What will life become? This verse is all uncertainty
I take a lot of things too deep and too personally
They resurface back up within stanzas and verses
Put it on the page and then I rehearse it
Recite every pain and memorize all my woes
Turn them into poems and morph them into flow
Disguise is in the costume of novels and characters
Everything's an abstract of me. I've learned to cherish her
And to appreciate him. To revel and bask
To take off my mask and to put down the flask
Getting stronger every single day when I awaken
Visibly cemented and my spirits never shaken
Stirred a bit loopy. A touch of insanity
A dash of vanity and batch of randomly
Assorted ingredients could be my real recipe
Sweeter than Devil's food and just as heavenly

No comments:

Post a Comment