Friday, July 5, 2013

I Am Here

So no one told you it would be this way?
That's okay, because today is our coffee break
The sun is looking like the right shade of
Fuck it, I'm going to relax, kick back and remember how to play
Since all us kids keep yelling out acronyms
But you know that we won't ever be back again
We're only moving forward, we're constantly in motion
Awesomely potent: we've retouched our motives
But do you notice how often we get down on ourselves?
Us incredible radiant beings doubting our hands dealt?
Where our fingers see fists more frequently
When really they need someone else's hand in between
Friendships are never sunk, sometimes we sleep in bunks
And we'll need a boost up so we can do the dunk
And I'm a little messed up, bruised and scratched up
But it's lead me here to you, us improbable match up
I'll be your backup and if you ever back up
I've got my back against your shoulders even when odds stack up
It's all looking wonderful in the right lens
It's all worth something in the right sense
Pinky promises and swearing like sailor's into the night
We keep our shoe laces and our hugs real tight
More adventures like Calvin and Hobbes and
More dynamic than Batman and Robin
I like what we have, I like what it will be
I just have to keep remembering that you also like me
Twilight in the park, this is the summer I want
Me and you, laying on your stomach and something in courier font
Because this is all poems in the end, isn't it?
I guess I don't really want to get too into it
I'm not stressing love, but let's just remember it does exist
I'm not pressing love, but let's live like December 25th
And I'm hanging on your every words like the curve of your lips
I'll never get tired of this

No comments:

Post a Comment