Saturday, November 9, 2013

1

Dollar bill, dollar bill, dollar bill
What my ancestors spoke about so many years ago
Dollar bill, dollar bill, dollar bill,
Throw the money on the flow and c'mon let's go
Because you don't even know
Drop gold bars on 16s
and let the self esteem grow
into something more solid
and polished like frozen snow
no, there isn't a chain that hang
low but know there is a supposed
meaning within the prose that goes
with the crows and the ravens and
the rest of those birds.
So let's get back to the regular measures
breaking down verses into smaller pleasures
so
I don't follow anything really any more
He's using that pound cake as a metaphor
He's letting it shine man, let him snore
We sleeping on this giant man, less is more!
From rupies, to rubles,
from mansions to two doors,
success is defined by the shit you own,
I'm still regal but frugal
Hear the bugles and trumpets
call out my name
It's a damn shame people can't switch lanes
Stuck in the fast with the foot on the gas
hoping that they can eventually pass
the guy in front who's doing the same so we're all last
first things first
I burst with immense thirst and hunger
I cannot be fed or quenched
so continue with the intense verse and thunder
Until this dude is dead or worse
Stuck in a 9-5
only just tryna thrive
We forget to survive
These passions keep me so live
so wide
such pride
I can't just spit an audience aside
my entire life is directed at you
Writing feelings that aren't necessarily true
Saying that I'm cold when I'm barely blue
Let the frame hang messily too
If the shoe fits than we mess with it too
C'mon man, stop nonsense steam of conscious
and just do something cool!
Alright.
I'll do that.
I'll start spitting real facts about deep rap
Until this almanac is all finished and the business
is how we can turn lies into a marketable platform
so damn storm: I'm being tempered
and rendered so this September
I'm entering a flow mode so prosperous
and monstrous that you'll understand
the dichotomy between Prospero and Caliban.
Damn that's properly being laid down
in a realer state than property. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment