Friday, November 29, 2013

Fly Me To The Moon

You tell me "I love you more than the moon!"
And I tell you that I'll be home soon.
Through monsoons and bassoons
Past Neptunes and fretful goons
I'm telling you that I'll be 89 still trying to make you swoon
Here comes the bride and groom! Vroom, vroom
From the hotel to the Taco Bell
We sound well. Take a trip with me but we never fell
Fall off and jump out, what now?
Body got me yelling onomatopoeia: bladdow!
We're watching Rachel Maddow and how come
We never leave the bedroom? I haven't seen the sun
No clouds, no crowds, your heart pound and I assume
That cardio without the stereo can make Mario
feeling super over all. Just carry me through
All the tough calls and good shots, the clocks stop
My friends tell me "You got soft" and I said life dropped it's guard
and it ain't hard anymore. Open the door,
Honey, I'm home, and we're up until 4 in the morn
Doing what? Doing what?
It don't matter as long as you're up, yeah you're up
We can cuddle in the fort and that's enough,

That's enough, that's enough
That's enough, that's enough, girl
Fly me to the moon and back
And a matter of fact I know that I love you

Desperation and patience never go hand and hand
But I gotta hand it to you and face it, I'm like goddamn
and when I'm driving on the side of the curve of your lip
I'm gonna slip and crash and in fact
The swerve of your hips is making me wanna go fast
But slow me down, slow me down
Chop and screw me up and screw you down now
Oh wow, gotta keep some of my cards
But the chips are high and I'm gonna raise you hard
and if you're all in then so am I
and if I lose then you can just blindfold my eyes
We're the ocean, you're a wave, we are tidal
What is our title? Hold on, it will be a while
Check in for towels, I know you like my vowels
And Os for that matter
Cut the chatter
Turn the lights off
or on so we can see when we ignite bombs
Are we gone?
We're breathing and reading and believing in
chemistry and poetry we are just so calm because word is bond
Never just a couple of kids, never seen a hustle like this
All of this talking, all of this chatting, look at how we are batting
For a thousand and for the thousandth time we are fumbling
and coming together to make some magic and the passion
that we imagine makes a thundering applause so we react and
Take a bow and now a bow
you know that I quiver for you: I am your arrow

No comments:

Post a Comment