Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Monologue

Yeah, I hear you laughing as you're passing
I ignore it with my headphones on max blasting
All Eyez On Me to KRS Oh En E, all MCs
Inspirational muse for me, but of course you don't see
Conversations you never have once attempted
Maybe tempted, but for your views argumentative
Lamented I seem when you crush down my dreams
But if you continue to ream I will soon one day beam
Watch the gleam as I turn this stress to steam
And you'll see all the fiends hopping on my team
The path will be paved since I was a teen
and it will be seen that I lean with wit and keen
Keeping clean and out of dirt with no mean intentions
Without mentions of cars, jewelery, and pensions
But expansions of my mind going from shack to mansion
You look at my songs with thoughts so rancid
But if I landed a record deal then I think this act would peel
And you would try to steal and claim credit for a meal
But that'll be mine, you can't hustle my shine
You can't lay ownership to my hop hop rhymes
But you can line up with the other disbelievers
And the people who were behind me become receivers
Not talking football, but put in work like Beavers
Quite eager so now you are student and I'm the teacher
I'm the main speaker and you will follow the leader
I will do this my own way and my own path
This is my craft and such would mean you do the math
It's daft, yeah, but I'm no punk, I won't get bunked
No backseat for me or trunks, you'll call me Dunk
Like the goddess of victory is on my side
I'll leave room for pride but everyone know I tried
When you didn't even give me a chance
So I stiffened my stance and equipped my lance
No radio dance nor will I do their prance
But know that not all of my material is rants
Give me substance and a feel much more rustic
Trust it like loyal husbands, I got it in abundance
From Tokyo and beyond my flow in London
I'll punish as I run this which in turn will be "Done this."

No comments:

Post a Comment