Monday, November 1, 2010

Do It!

I do it for the MCs stuck with me in a row
I do it for the deadly Bruce Lee water flow
I do it for my heritage and the marriage of lyrics and beat
Not for the percentage or for a diamond treat
Doing it for the clever puns and zany wit provided
Louder, never quiet, doing it because I've never tried it
I'll do it for the beat breaks and for soulful samples
Example: coupled with ample words is a gamble
But through the brambles well arise a stronger man
I do it for him, I crawl so he may one day stand
I do it for the unsung heroes of decades long gone
For the Neville Longbottom's and all the Rons
I do it for Nerdfighteria and the area of excellence
Do it to end malaria and the gall of pestilence
With an iambic pentameter in my mind cabinets
I do it for the amateurs and for a classical lavish
For bleeding pens and broken graphite in my pocket
I don't claim to represent the projects
But in facts rhymes and rockets all in the same class
And to make sure I do more than pass
I do it for the rhyme-addicted and gifted honor roll
And for the bottom of the barrel with way much soul
I do it for communications in all words
And even for my antithesis, but maybe 2/3s
Hell, nevermind that, I do it for the whole rational
Just make calculus a little more fashionable
I do it even for projectile motion and physics
Put it together and we've got moving poetry and lyrics
Let's all do it for the love and the pursuit of greatness
Excuse my lateness, but would you rather me fake this?
Doing it for the procrastinators and lazy neighbors
I'll get back to you, I promise, just maybe later
For the threads and clothes laying on me so classy
I do it for the sake of looking good and never ashy
Never get past me because I'm time traveling
I'm doing this for all the future I'm unraveling
A matrimony of freshness and old school presence
I do it for the future, past, and present
For all the hip hop heads rocking any gear
I do it for all my people that helped me get here
And I do it for the haters, despite the cliche
But hey, I want to prove you all wrong, so press play.

No comments:

Post a Comment