Wednesday, December 29, 2010

With the Father

They said "Papa was a rolling stone"
Mine was a boulder keeping a strong tone
He taught me many things without any words
Actions spoke louder and his yelled at me onto the curb
Observe how his turn made mine straight from a swerve
He was born and burned his curse and made it work
Curved every fastball he was pitched to a home-run
And with megatons sold he gave and raised 4 sons
Me being the youngest the most susceptible of the bunch
Last picks at lunch, always getting asked if I want a fruit punch
But these men showed me how to behave rationally
Ignited the flame in my heart and to give passionately
I learned more directly from the Dang brotherhood
But without my father they wouldn't have known what was good
He embed onto us and projected his traits and morals
He hustled and toiled so hard he deserves an angel choral
More over he's a blue collar man with oil stained hands
Worked on those machines despite us telling him we can
He didn't want us living a life of back breaking labor
All of his capers provided paper. He never took from the neighbors
Go to school and get an education is what he told us
Our mind is the gold rush, our thoughts will make girls blush
It was our greatest asset and we shouldn't ruin it
We want to make him proud so damn it, we will prove it!
Hiep Dang gave me my blood, muscle and grind
My entire genetic make up: I'm a genius by design!
His clever genes fit me well as I've gotten bolder
Work harder now so you can relax when you're much older
Coming home late at night I don't see him much
But trust, my father is the kind with the Midas touch
Of course not Superman, he's had some bad luck
But every single time he fell he managed to get back up
Tenacious, fought racists, a life of amazement
He gathered enough money to rise us up from a basement
Now it's my turn to get us into a spaceship
Fly high in my placement, I would never trade this
With him and the love of the family, I'm in the right alignment
It's obvious my assignment is rated at diamond
Before time wind down like the Mayans I get grindin
I'll take after his example of tragedy turned triumph

No comments:

Post a Comment