Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chapter IX

[Verse 1]
Middle school awkwardness, please let me author this
Pardon it, when it comes to romanticism I'm the martyr kid
Ask a girl, strike out. Ask a girl, strike out
Tears roll down, lights out. Pen down rhymes, mic clout
Never did I understand why they shy away from me
So I started illustrating poetry just to feel comforting
The stanzas turn to verses, it evolved into lyrics
All the while asking girls if they wanna wanna kick-kick it
Buck teeth, baggy jeans, persona wanna be gangster
Wanna be with someone else, but loneliness was my answer
You told me that girls at this age were immature
Didn't know what they want, were never ever very sure
Regardless of that fact, the odds against me stacked
Apples of my eye left me alone at the windows: mac
You told me someone would appreciate me later, didn't forget
Still, tell me this, are they are they there yet?

[Chorus] (Repeated)
Tell me, are they there yet?

[Verse 2]
Then I met a girl, the special one I thought for sure
For her, she had that X factor and made my heart stir
Shorty was a ten and every cliche in the books
She got my heart took, look, now she got a new fish on a hook
During the summer, sent messages back and forth: ping pong
Scribbling down tentative writtens for her: sing songs
Heard all her problems, stayed up with her and the stars
I thought by far out all the guys in her life I was up by par
But of course it never works that way, I didn't see her strings
On this chess board she had more moves and I was just a King
A court jester, a fool, all rolled into one neat package
But you brightened up the blackness, no way to match this
Even went mask-less and showed her my real face
Though I stayed in that friend zone, that's what I call Myspace
At so many times it seemed we were going to get together
Weathered through the worse storms waiting for it to get better
Experiencing angst, love, jealousy and rage for the first time
You got me to mic check, pen lines and started me to rhyme
You said you wasn't ready for me, girl, get a headcheck
I'm still wondering: are you are you there yet?

[Chorus] (Repeated)
Tell me, are you there yet?

[Verse 3]
My stance with women is a difficult and strange one
Many times I thought son was done and was looking for fun
But I got that commitment schedule agenda in my brain
Equipped with a persistent module that will not change
My head's in the clouds, my thoughts are in the sky
Getting carried away just to past the time: fly
Planning invisible plots in my head for fake girlfriends
Creating magical presents for no one: desolate Merlin
Hopeless with focus, and never a bogus romantic
Writing lyrics on paper airplanes: poetry in motion and other antics
Falling half in love with girls as they walk by
Swing their hips, no lie, my heart fried, girl let me testify!
Give me the green light lady, I'm always revving to go
This yellow boy will be mellow unless you want the red hots, oh!
I pass you line after line if you want: bar codes
Or I can speak on your presence divine with a choir sung slow
Give me time to think, in a blink, you wink, my heart sinks
You've got me tattooing words on my skin with Sharpie ink
Making me put in work like W=F of S
Express your stress to me, I'd like to less that mess
Be childish: Gambino. I'm a home-run: Bambino
What's the reason? I see no. I've the heart of a lion: Leo!
Stringing along words, but what is regret?
I'm uncertainty personified: tell me am I there yet?

[Chorus] (Repeated)
Tell me am I there yet?

[Outro] (Repeated)
Tell me, is anyone there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment