Sunday, September 18, 2011

Evening Coffee

Here we are, staring at each other across the table
Listening to stories, exchanging morals without fables
I'm not able to separate the friends from the lovers
Without going under covers, but ascending my status as a brother
I want to hear the tales of grit, the myths and facts
The climax of your book, the syntax of my rap
Every trap, every pitfall, I want to hear it all
Where to start? We've got time inside this stall
Free refills because the coffee is on me
Just bring the honesty and I'll gladly pay, no worry
What's weighing on your head? The last time you said instead?
The last compromise, that last time you felt dead?
Tell me about your travels, let the problems unravel
Are you all bright sunshine? There has to be some shadows
The java wakes up my senses, my veins are lava
I'm eager to commit to memory your entire saga
Your scars, your eyes, deep like the night sky
With no demise, inside where do you feel your pride?
Questions I seek to be answered, but overall addressed
Every message expressed, my mind's a mess
But this stress will digress and be less, at best
The Northwest air will take out all guess and check
No BS for a few minutes, let's make it ten
Tell me how you feel exactly, let's be more than friends
Let's be connected through childhood trauma
Bond through the dramas and make our sentences run on, comma
And of course we'll honor in this late night coffee shop
As long as our conversations won't just stop
This should be forged and of course be strong
Let's make this an album, not just a lonely song
This can be more than just one chapter
I'm not asking for happily ever after, just a few captured
Moments in times, memories in rhyme, plural
The idea is to have more than just once, multiple
Make it a weekly occurrence, let it flow like currents
Let no one deter it, we'll furnish our new furnace
Slow and warm, don't use all the gas
I'll take off one by one all of my masks
The task here is to breakdown each layer and wall
So eventually we can feel comfortable enough to call
And so we can cry and we can laugh with each other
Clear words exchanged: no more stutters or mutters
Arise from petty high school statuses
Let's be old world friends, it doesn't matter its
Obviously a little crazy, a little idealistic
But I'm an old soul and a classic romantic
Maybe I've fallen too greatly with this little dream
Maybe I'm a lot lonelier than I really seem

No comments:

Post a Comment