Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Crow

Yes I'm the family black sheep. I dream when I'm not asleep
And while describing me deep, I take form as a broken crow
Living life with reckless abandon, might as well been shot from a cannon
Because without a companion I'm just as depressing as an empty show
Peering through visuals, an idealistic individual
Levels have reached past critical, and yes this system is about to blow
Reading through tombs and novels, never did I once grovel
Even inside of a desolate hovel, my pride continues to grow
Picture perfect on the outside, passion and heart mixed with stride
Without any remarks snide, I stay as humble as fresh snow
I'm still grounded and down to earth, but even at my birth
I flew and for what it's worth, my curse will never woe
Since I take my weakness, and I made it my sleekness
So the cheapness of the petty jokes roll off low
Check out my confidence, look into my consciousness
Blasting like a rocket ship, I'm the space captain without a co
I'm lonely on this journey, but if we speed it up like Hermes
Push me down like a gurney, that is definitely a no
Let me write my story, my pen is my sword for glory
Never courting past forty, I plan to be married just to let you know
My life will be extra happy if I keep spitting just like Daffy
And if my son calls me pappy, please God, just let time go slow
One of my important moments, one of my important components
Let my opponents know this: your time is counted like my toes
Don't interfere with my family, you don't understand this gravity
Battle me and gladly I'll return every shot, slash and blow
And it goes deeper than that, it goes deeper than craft
It goes deeper than rap and that's just how the chapter flow
Because even with the knowledge, I still might not be polished
And even after college I still might be thinking no
Many people say they have it, but they lose, they don't not grab it
For them love is a habit, but it should run through your heart below
And through your soul twine, and through your whole mind
Just like a fine wine let it age through you slow
I've been pondering tonight about what to do with my life
How slowly do I turn the knife if I've got no place to go?
So let me smile through madness, my grin cuts through sadness
And imagine what happens, I can tell them I told you so
I quiver when I'm an archer, won't stop until I'm partner
My wit is only getting sharper, it's tied up just like a bow
I'm the rhyme and she's the reason and it's the season for leavin'
So if we fall under the treason, I'll still figure how to just glow
Ready to learn more lessons, prepared to jam out some sessions
And these were his confessions: your my best friend to let you know
His heart was lost and found inside her hands and in the sound
And let the feelings astound, too heavy you cannot throw
So it will not go out, it has won every bout
What's the champion about, a new status quo
This is normalcy, my greatness isn't fallacy
Smile at the galaxy. Going up: engines on turbo
Moving at the speed of light, this is what I need tonight
To reinvent my plight, peaks and valleys, no plateaus
So if I'm feeling great, maybe I'm feeling fate
Or I'm finally in my grace, pause for my ballerina pose
I know I won't be finished. My spirit never diminished
You talk it, then I lived it. And I've reaped everything I sew
Would I want go back in time? To re do some of my rhymes?
Only to relive that era in grind, otherwise, roshambo!
Since it's all just chance, I leave it to romance
When I went to the dance, all I could really say is whoa
I'm mixing up my memory, I'm dissolving into energy
You might be an enemy but you were listening though?
You are now my friend, and this will never end
I've returned again, and came back as The Crow
And then reborn as a fox, because I could never stop
And if I cannot be caught, then I have no choice but to go!

And then reborn as a fox, because I could never stop
And if I cannot be caught, then I have no choice but to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment