Monday, September 12, 2011

Go

When I go, I wanna go my own way
Saving someone's life, without debts to repay
With all the knowledge of the world in my head
I hope I was able to say everything I needed to be said
I wrote a couple books, had a couple dope hooks
I flowed like a brook and was castled like a rook
But on this board, I'm the crown-less king
Boundless things have me surrounded by wings
I've been pawned with my brawn and so on
But my ripples of influence are bigger on my pond
So when the day fell, I arose as a Knight
L formations that made this loser shine bright
Diagonal sabbatical with tactical radical
A bishop with the wordplay: holy grammatical
People attend my funeral, I'll make sure to put the fun in it
Men and women can live it so vivid in my fifteen passed minutes
Smile at my casket, make sure I look good in my jacket
If someone is dressier than me, make sure I match it
Because ain't no way that I'm not the classiest at my own wake
You must be dreaming, I'll wake you up if that's what it takes
Play some good music, don't let it be so morbid
What am I buried with? Wait until I get to the chorus
Invite the bullies and the girls that broke my heart
Let them know that I cared for them since the very start
Sure they can regret, they can even not give a damn
But let them understand that even as a baby I was the man
Make my tombstone have a very good epitaph
Shorter than a paragraph, serious chuckles but not a huge laugh
I want to be smiled down upon and think about fondly
Keep me clean so when I meet him I'll be the closest to Godly
Let my eulogy be delivered by someone who can speak well
A bad orator is worse than death, that is something I can tell
And when I go, I guess I better say
In my box, the fox is buried in a very specific way

Bury me in a fine Italian suit
My favorite Nike shoes and my mic from the booth
Bury me a book and a black pilot pen
So on the way there I can write again and again

Bury me in something really classy
Bury me a copy of the Great Gatsby
Looking for Alaska and Catcher in the Rye
I'll need something to read before I gotta fly

No comments:

Post a Comment