Thursday, October 27, 2011

Good Night and Good Luck

[Verse 1]
I say to all the girls: good night and good luck
Because finding a right guy out here gets tough
Running all around like all dogs go to heaven
But if that's the case then this guy wouldn't slide out at 11
I'm not trying to be so absurdly heroic
All I know is that with my chances I shouldn't blow it
The hard stoic badass was not a good strategy
So I switched it up and came down to earth: gravity
Love at first sight? Well good night and good luck
We're young so we believe in that love at first *huh*
Rolling around in bed, I'd rather be in your head
Wearing pink lingerie but girl I know you're seeing red
I'm trying to get to know your mind, feed you mine
While these other guys just try to feed you lines
Thou art a sunset, I doth confess my lady
Have some change, no quarterback, no offense Tom Brady

[Verse 2]
They say girls are flowers, you tryna pollinate?
Don't take this the wrong way, pardon the stinger, how about a date?
Cause baby you're a lotus, petals up: focused
And you live your life floatin' and beautiful, open
Never that hopeless, regardless of whatever
I take as long as you to get ready: let's acknowledge the effort
Without being gilded or guarded, how about a bouquet of lilies?
It's a bit chilly. Do you want my coat? Not trying to be silly
I can make you laugh like a clown's corsage
We can 5 star it up or play crappy guitar songs in my garage
Be you, be yourself, that is by far the importance
To know this is to know the secret ingredients and components
Take a gamble, play your cards and roll the dice
But you can't buy love with that, it's over priced
But not over rated.
And if we dated I would say it, and be able to play it, not waste it

[Verse 3]
So we shouldn't expect every women to be a model
But don't expect every guy to always want to rev the throttle
Imagine both sexes equally and with complexity
If you're getting next to me, I want to know you, definitely
We can send notes back and forth, we can skip fourth period
And I really mean this. Ellipsis. That's three more periods.
Not every girl wants a husband, but I think we all want trust kid
And we want some sort of mutual feeling in abundance
We're not too different, this isn't black and white
Good luck, good day and good night!
And not all men want to be friends with quotation marks
And getting your legs to part is not a way to the heart
Stereotypes exist for a reason though, that's a fact
But numbers lie sometimes, and some of us have your back
So even though most guys destinations are your thighs
Let's throw away the key and LME, locking down eyes: easy as pie

No comments:

Post a Comment