Friday, August 24, 2012

Everything You Hear Is A Lie

Scrape my tongue off and haikus fall into the sink
I rise out of the brink of denial covered in ink
Wipe myself off with sheets of parchment
Who even started this martyr up in his department?
I told them I would make it, I told them I would win
I told them everything in order to convince myself to go in
And now I'm standing here, on the mountain's edge
Feeling the call of the void, can you hear what she says?
She tells me that she's hurting. She tells me that she's angry
She tells me everything that makes me want to go real crazy
To go complete insane. To flow and delete the pain
Like I'm supposed to juxtapose myself in the rain
And this sounds banal. Echoes come down the hall
Keep my ear to the walls I haven't heard it all
I'm still standing. And I'm still fighting
I'm warring against all the monsters, demons and titans
Whispered in my ears nothing more bitter than doubts
I mean, you could even switch all of my words out
Wouldn't make a difference to you either
Because my believers are neither and made up like Peter
So I'll put the leaders in the pans and boil them
Until they get near the end of their life, about a millimeter
God made us in his image. Why we feeling devilish?
Idle hands are something that I hate to meddle with
A pen at all times. Anything to jot rhymes
I use tickets, newspapers and my skin to write lines
Whatever comes to mind, just to feel divine
I've been 8 for ten years and I wish I could just turn nine
Stuck in perpetual motion so scientists study me
Unlocking the key to sustainable energy
Keep watching me. I'm too clumsy for my own good
About to drop a few classics just like I should
Whether it exists in a script or the recitation
This time it won't get lost in the mail. Hold onto my invitation.
Because I've liked you since I was younger and dumber
And the only thing that's changed is I'm older with a tumblr
Rarely I make the time to actually connect with you
Since passivity is a social staple. I really thought you knew
I'll send a carrier pigeon with a thick letter
Maybe through mutual friends, internet or anonymous ledgers
Me and the truth are strained aquaintences
Everything you hear is a lie. That's just the basics kid

No comments:

Post a Comment