Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sleepyhead

 [Intro]
And everything is going to the beat
And everything is going to the beat
And everything is going

[Verse 1]
Ignore the alarm, forget the birds chirping
I got paid yesterday, no need for working
Lay in bed with me just a little bit longer
Kit Kat girl, let me break you off proper
Stay here with me. We can go back to sleep
Get lost in the ocean of blankets. Sink in deep
Because I'm writing you stories in these sheets
Haikus and poetry and songs in the bed spring beats
Breakfast while we sit perched against the headboard
Let's just rest until we get bedsores
I'll kiss you on the cheek underneath your messy hair
Make caves with the quilts and come up for air
The floor is made of lava and pillow forts a must
Open a window and your smell lingers through the gusts
Trust me, I'll sail our bed through the storms
If not, we retreat to the cabin and get warm

[Chorus]
And you said
It was like fire around the brim
Burning solid
Burning thin the burning rim
Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes
You were one inch from the edge of this bed
I drag you back a sleepyhead, sleepyhead

[Verse 2]
Marathon Netflix, no need to get dressed
We're up on this bed in the end between dinner and breakfast
I can talk to you from night until light
Your words keep me up being so bright
Phone calls going only to room service
Sheets pristine. Can't wait to break the tension of the surface
Conversations exchanged like steps when we walk
Keep whispering in my ears girl, I love your pillow talk

[Chorus 2]
They couldn't think of something to say the day you burst
With all their lions and all their might and all their thirst
They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin
Against the walls against your rules against your skin
My beard grew down to the floor and out through the doors
Of your eyes but go in disguise like a sleepyhead, sleepyhead

[Verse 3]
Like bears straight out of hibernation
We can go slow. I've got plenty of patience
How about some pancakes? Omelet and some toast?
Time to get away before we get back close
Slide the curtains like we're going to perform
It's all sunshine now, we passed the storm
Stick your tongue out to catch sugar from the sky
You're my sweet dream. You've got sand in your eye

No comments:

Post a Comment