Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Adequate

I just wanted to make a song where I can be completely honest
Who believes me? Me I guess, I have bought it
4 mixtapes sold, 1 EP,
3 dollar CDs and 5 for the new me
This is all just pure soul, pure of consciousness
Free writing with the foggiest of thoughtlessness
Trying to make you rock with this, instead I get the opposite
Minerals and pebbles getting polished with this wit
But um. I stutter. No, I'm far from perfect
Trying to convince myself and girls that I am worth it
Lorreal, holler at me, give me a few more slogans
Regardless, this track I still run: Logan
One word punchlines, are those still even cool?
I'm convinced whatever I do will stay in school
Which is the new cool. Which is the new chic
They say geek isn't unique because we're all meek
So being typical is the new different and different is the new same
It's all the same game that I never knew how to play
Give me the dice and I'll shout out uno
Give me a royal flush and I'll try advance to go
Give me a chance and I'll sink your battleship
Try to tell you sorry but Candyland ain't having it
They say I'm too sweet but I can play way sour
I'm carrying the dreams of thousands. What up, Mayflower
Immigration flow: give me your stamp of approval
The removal of me is actually the losing your crucial
Never ever say can't: I'm an American
Feeling real connected right now. 06 LAN
Logical fallacies can never pass me
Everything you say next year I said last week
Your rhyme book is my 08 calendar pages
You rocking with an 8th grader was sayin'? Delayed
trains of thought cause I'm never stationary
They look at this dude and think variety: Asian? Very
But he wants to be a black guy, dresses like a white dude
Likes to follow some Chinese rules and he's eating Spanish food?
What the fuck are you? I hear them shouting at me
Van Gogh and I cannot hear thee
So me, my toast, and Mos Def jam poetry
All alone with my Friends, season 3, that's where the loner be
Wearing something real cool and way fashionable
If I can't be the best, dress to impress. Never on sabbatical
It's factual that this bisexual youth from the metro
Wears clothes like a metro, real retro, and still rhymes from the get go
But is he straight though? I say no hetero
Maybe no homo-sapien because alienating with my better flow
Oh am I on a tangent? Oh would you like to banish?
NPH and I are about to make you vanish
Pulled nothing out of something: rabbit in a hat
Everything I do is archaeology hip hop: deeper than rap
And you never hear me swear? Well motherfuck that shit
I speak real proper, never hit a woman, but will hit a bitch
Slap that track with my tongue, and son,
You are about to feel your mistake well-cooked: done
I'll keep doing this until it's no longer fun
I'll keep fucking around with this like Death until she comes

No comments:

Post a Comment