Friday, March 15, 2013

I Do Not Talk

[Chorus] x2
We all need a little help from time to time
We all call an SOS when we fall behind
Fall back on me if you get tired
Fall back on you when you get really inspired

[Verse 1]
I've been wanting to talk to Asher Roth
Ask him about college and what they taught
Because right now, I'm stressing over all this
And I'm not the shit, just feeling pissed
Toilet metaphors aside, I'm feeling wiped out
There are a lot of times where I'd just take a bike route
And just ride until I run the brakes loose
Until I break and finally feel. Truth:
what does that even mean?
As writers, we'd like to say that we can glean
The narratives from the fictions,
the facts from the scripts and
Be treated without suspicions
but, c'mon, just listen.
I might just have fancier words at my disposal
It all depends on how you treat it as a total
I used to be the focal, now I'm just a point
"I matter!" the dot said to the universe: just trying to hear his own voice
When I was little, I just expected greatness
When it's in the name description, you look forward to being famous
But when the job markets in a disarray
And you want to make words for a living, what are you supposed to say?
Mom and Dad, this pen will be my income?
Brothers, now I know you might think it's dumb
Why should I be a part of this system?
They just think I'm ignoring their wisdom.
And it's not like I want to prove them wrong
I want to prove them proud. Prove them that I am strong
I  know can keep these records orbiting
Put on that smile, I'm a real good sport: authority.

[Chorus] x2
We all need a little help from time to time
We all call an SOS when we fall behind
Fall back on me if you get tired
Fall back on you when you get really inspired

[Verse 2]
If I could have a sit down with Gambino
Would we have two shattered and patched together egos?
Because I understand his pain on a personal level
Uncovered and buried deep down, that's why I look disheveled.
We both do the humble guy behind the stage
But polish up our cockiness up on the page
Is it defensive? Check out these mechanisms
Raskolnikov and I about to conquer and schism
I make a lot of jokes. Most have a nose
Some have an eye, and some have earlobes
A couple have cheeks and a few have a mouth
I'm trying to save face, you get what I'm about?
I see a cute girl and I fall half in love
And I'm pretty shitty at math, so we better round up
But I don't have enough faith in myself
If I were an investment, I wouldn't be cut out for wealth
If we really want to see how I match up and shape
Let's check the triangle of the three holy traits
Emotionally Stable, Attractive and Intelligent
I don't think I've ever owned one. Only rented it.
I make dumb choices all the fucking time
And will manipulate people and try to undermine
Honestly? I have no idea about the looks
But mostly that people are quite mistook.
Look
I think I'm slightly above moderate
A little past average and almost on the awesome bit
Unless it's a good day: then I'll be talking shit
And walking this like I'm about all of it.

[Chorus] x2
We all need a little help from time to time
We all call an SOS when we fall behind
Fall back on me if you get tired
Fall back on you when you get really inspired

[Verse 3]
I think... I'd like to talk to me
Ask me how I'm doing and ask me what I see
All about my world and my changing perspectives
Ask him when he gets happy and when it's depressive
What is it called when you hate yourself?
But you know you're still pretty great? Who the fuck can help?
I know I'm attaching crutches to people
To my friends, to my ex, to girls, am I see through?
We used to have a metaphor about what we're made of
Paper or plastic. But it's all the same stuff
when it gets engulfed by the garbage, swallowed by the flame
Digested by the social markets and I'm trying to make a name
Take the fragmented identity I used to have
And try to apply some booster packs to bring it back
To have something really real and authentic
At least I know that all the puns will be intended
But the other things I make, I wish were cleaning ladies
That would make them made and I see the maybes
Crawling up my spine and out of my mouth
Spewing out all of this dumb ass self-doubt
But I'm learning that these problems annual
Are actually turning into something more manageable
Starting to handle goals and channel soul
Into my own hand-written manuals
Even if I'm surrounded by a pack of wild animals
They can try to take a bite out of me: mandibles.
Taking the abstract out and putting the real life in:
I'm starting to grasp something a little more tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment