Monday, April 1, 2013

Break

[Verse 1]
Right now I'm lacking an index and the rule of thumb
Is that we can't pinky promise or engage: that's too dumb
So what's really left to write about is the middle
But I got it hand it to you, you're making it by the fistful
"They won't get it, Alex! It's way too complicated!"
Then I think it's time for them to get properly educated
Spitting dramatic irony at hypnotists whom die in sleep
This isn't censorship: just tooting my own beep beep
Is he faking this or is it that real confidence?
It's his own brand of being grand and some awkwardness
Punching at these keys like a boxer with his palms
Got verses like Psalms and I'm balling like the tops of Pawns
The King stays the King but I shattered the crown
So I'm fly like Mercury. I'm the Queen that gets down
I stay so clean that bishops want to pray to me at night
I'm inside my castle since your forward is my hindsight

[Verse 2]
Black sheep of the family. Wearing some wool trousers
Sleeker than chrome, this fox's fire you have to browse, sir
The honest to gosh truth, I say it all within these lines
Sometimes, the rhymes hide the divine behind pines
Because I can't extrapolate or sometimes enunciate
Can't let it marinate. That's why these puns will play
Since I can't afford subtlety I have to say luxury
Words sharper and shinier than diamond cutlery
This submarine rap goes deeper than an underling
This game remains down like it's whole life was humbling
Get ready to bumble if you try to swarm me
My name's not lee but I'll show you I can be deadly
Actually and factually my tact will be
Prim, proper, dapper, like some royalty faculty
Back for me? Then I will gladly give you my spine
Picketers from Mathematicians wave: that's a real sin

[Verse 3]
All out of luck? Guess I'm going to rely on my skill
I write what's right so I must fit the bill
Accruing dollars in a pile, I'm king of capital hill
Rocking with flutes and OGs: an actual trill
And still, you chickens think my quill isn't ready
Just chill your bickering and I'll spill like levies
This used to be clever just for the sake of sounding smart
But now I realize that when I put in a little heart
I'm running even faster while you're still at the start
Changing the tides and words so I'm not feeling apart
Flier than a finch. I'm at this like Atticus
Crawl in my skin if you want to feel talented
These beats I leave increased when I write upon it
Leave comments like comets and treat this like Sonnets
I'm on it and off it and on it once more
Sweeping girls off their feet like it's just a chore

No comments:

Post a Comment