Friday, June 8, 2012

Feathers

Let's just fly, you and I, against the sky, real high
Past the horizon, just look me in the eyes
Go through the sunrise, out like a sunset
This is best shared without any forget
Without regret we take flight like ambitious college kids
Calling without answering. Spread like barrages
No mirages or fun house mirror illusions and false bits
French fry classic with a milkshake malted
Salt on the brim of the glass of this thing we call fate
Drink it slowly and refills often. Seconds for this plate
Less vulgar and more class. Graduate like a cylinder
No beginner or winner sir, straight up like a marble pillar
No bologna, no lunch meat, none of that filler, grr
Like a beast, like a monster, like a demented killer brr
Too cold in these clouds as my breath is frigid
Vivid images of livid mystics within my lyrics
If you missed it, I kissed it. Every piece is intimate
Secrets whispered from a lovers distance
Longing to reveal to you my scars and my vices
What's the price I have to pay for sharing a crisis?
Mutual pain versus mutual hatred. What bonds better?
Fleeting connection like the mulching of a pigeon's feather
Make this stronger, make it more permanent
This tournament has turned events and they haven't heard a bit
Deaf ears are met with my blind rage
No one is able to see it or even read it on the page
So when I'm on the stage, I'm the most convincing
Even if you don't understand me, you get my feeling
I slow it down,
I roll the sound
Even at my loudest you can still hear my heart pound
I feel my lowest
regain my focus
Then I speed it up like wings of a locust
Kneel at the power of human emotion
Rocked back and forth from these loco motions
Train of thoughts pull into station
I'll wait for you, I've got enough patience
How am I today? I say I'm fine
That's just my pathological lie
Here's the truth, I'm attracted to hardship
Fruits of your labor, a real great harvest
Questions left and right, collecting words
Laying in the grass as we fly like birds
Look into your eyes, stomach churning
Talking is my only way of learning
Is it kind of sad? Well who knows
It's just a sadness that I chose
So trade me words, only if you want to
Help me believe, help me be true
I want to know you, tell me please
Hearing your voice only creates relief
Seeing your text pop in this bubble
Makes every thing worth the harshest struggle
This is what we do: staying together
Touch down gently: descending feather
We can make this better, let's make it good
No more shoulds and no more woulds
Never in the shadow of what if
You make sparks and I've got flint
Let's make a fire, let's break through
Let's paint something pretty, let's paint you
We can do so much, keep this alive
Give me more than just a reply
How was your day? How is your heart?
Aren't you glad we got to this part?

No comments:

Post a Comment