Friday, June 29, 2012

The Criterion

[Verse 1]
From here on out, this is gonna be my sound
Work on my insight, make something profound
But as I found out, I'm not too bad with the eloquence
Elegant and relevant with my chemistry elements
Liquid flow so solid that gasses the masses
Graduated classes without being the fastest
Taking my sweet time like a late hotel checkout
Make shift alchemist: creating belief from doubt
Not too stout in stature but that is what I capture
Inside my chapters like Holden's heart in Catcher
Don't bore them with my decorum
These clothes I found in storage and still wore them
No discrepancies or treacheries
Supremacy recipe is hitting with accuracy deadly
I fly like an arrow down a path so narrow
Riding bumpy inside a rusted wheel barrow

[CHORUS]
They could fill books with what I never knew
That's why you always find me reading a book or two
Creating and writing only what is true
 I'm learning what I never knew: how about you?

[Verse 2]
Hipster with the mind of the urbanest
Trying to take flight without any more turbulence
Shooting for permanent, currently at transient
The most handsome of them all and the handiest
I've had my share of problems in one fine night
But struggles are finite and I'm trying to die right
At birth on this earth I was handed a curse
So without a terse verse I composed a hearse
Rest easy when you listen to beats so breezy
Believe me, see me and never know sick and weakly
Meek is not my style any longer.
Inches away from being the ruler. I conquer!
Watch and learn as I perform poetic epics
Too embedded so count on me like phonetics
These last bars I write
Haiku/ Composed so freely
Bless as I "Ah-Choo!"

[CHORUS]
They could fill books with what I never knew
That's why you always find me reading a book or two
Creating and writing only what is true
 I'm learning what I never knew: how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment