Thursday, July 19, 2012

December Sun

How uncomfortable am I supposed to make you feel?
Like Brothers on a Hotel Bed or Dr. Phil?
How sad is this supposed to be so you know this is ill?
Scarlet Letter status, I'm worth all of the chills
Trying to catch feelings like an outfielder
Dedicating moments to the real like Spielburg
Got a lot of different hobbies and a handful of talents
Keep the day balanced and keep the knight gallant
Man inside the shining armor
64 versions of this man like bomber
So I'm a bit conflicted in which direction to go in
They call me fruity like I'm cantaloupe-in
But I don't talk about gang stuff
I'm not a flake on your shoulder like dandruff
This man's rough. As tough as can be
As tough as an 18 year old boy can see
I still feel like a kid
Boiling over somebody please remove the lid
Try to keep it real clever, try to keep it real smart
I'm on my Tin Man, great Oz, trying to find my real heart
I used to have to take speech classes
But now I recite Shakespearean classics!
My confidence is truly massive
Though sometimes it can get super passive
Like trying to be savage but just looking rabid
Oh well can't harm a hare on me I'm a real quick rabbit
Can't kick the habit, keep rappin' and actin'
Asian Will Smith, I know it's about to happen
Man, look at these pretty lights
I sure love the city life
You know I keep it witty, right?
Damn, you look pretty tonight
I crush on a lot of girls
Duke of Disaster Dating, I'm the Erotic Error Earl!
So I write down all my stories
Wipe your feet off. Welcome to my laboratory 
Please don't mind the mess
It's a reflection of my mind, just a little stress
Damn, my bad, is this a bit too depressing?
Let me switch it up, I'll start impressing
I was born on Christmas, hence the trim and the dressing
Thus when I rhyme it's a holy blessing
How many rappers you know
That are aware of their song's tone in the middle of their flow?
Trying to keep it original
Call it hipsterism, I know it isn't typical
But there isn't anything new under this sun
So instead, I just keep in mind some different lines and puns
Ready to pop off. Lace up your shoes and run
We're just going to have a little fun
Are you ready for my shine, sun?
I bet you know what's about to come.

I'm talking real fast, I can say what I want
Dangerous Dang only deals in daunts!
I do these things so I can be cool
I don't want to be plain like a bowl of gruel
I add these things into my repertoire
The only reason why I can rap a bar
Is because I wrote words to relieve stress
Middle school problems, a personal best
Jonnas and Kratnas and Marrissas and Autumns
Writing off the top cause I was at the bottom
Joke's on them, at least that's what I hope
Because look at me now, cleaner than soap
And I'm dope, not like a dunce cap
I'm so dope like my brother's blunt wraps
I'm rich not like a hundred stacks
Rich like home made brownie snacks

So that was pretty amusing
You can see I'm winning and no longer losing
That I was begging before and now I'm choosing
That they all want to kick it with me like Bruce Lee!
At least that's just what I assume
I never asked them otherwise I might face doom and gloom
I can only guess that when they saw me at school
They thought I was cooler than a blizzard over a pool
Just a nerdy Asian kid
Who couldn't measure up to all the things his older brothers did
But it's all good though, I'm still pretty content
This could just be my authorial intent
I can't recognize the good things
Is it to maintain something humbling?
Of course I try to avoid the conceit and cockiness
You know what they say, ignorance is bliss
So I stay grounded like my parents stay mad at me
Though actually that is sometimes my reality
I watch Modern Family and play video games
Even though I want to kick it with video dames
Keep it real sheik like indie show fame
I blew up hot, call me an indigo flame
Nah the point is that I can be a little bit lame
Don't jump to conclusions, please state your claim
I bite my lips when I get nervous
Though you might see a clear and calm surface
I rub my arms when I feel a bit lonely
Cold and warm like feeling the December Sun only

No comments:

Post a Comment