Sunday, July 15, 2012

Romeo's

[Verse 1]
Cigarette dangling and dancing in my mouth
Rhyming about bars and slabs like the dirty south
But check the massive clout: Great Bambino
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and in Reno
Taking it one step further like rehabilitation
This patient is patiently walking towards his fear just to face it
Basic was 4 years ago, I'm swinging in the Major Leagues
I've got that flavor steeze that makes all of the players freeze
Pocket on my shirt with cloth petals showing off
Handkerchief status like I'm about to be blowing snot
Loaning sharks swim around just to avoid me
Doing this music for the love, I am not an employee
I've been to the other side of sane and back a few times
Each step is one rung, this is my natural climb
This ascension has the attention of all the ignorants
Boy off the chain: Abraham Lincoln this
Bluegrass will do that, let it marinate quick
Fresh breath of air and vapor, nicknamed Vick's
Used to joke around like using the hash tag
Now I just pound that until I tic tac toe flow win with a zig zag
Might have over done it. There's a lot at steak
I'm in my prime like I'm standing on my dinner plate
Doubters all say that they can rap better than me
I'm a writer, poet and an actor too, so you better be!
If you aren't, then brother, that's kind of sad
I'm a student first and you got out rhymed by a future grad
Call the leg factory: you need something to stand on
I'm more hip hop than you because I proved them damn wrong!
Overcame the odds, though nontraditional
I'm about to play some different roles real pivotal
Spiritual or lyrical, I flipped my script and rewrote my end
Exit stage right. Move onto acts 6 through 10

No comments:

Post a Comment