Friday, July 6, 2012

Kid Scapino

[Verse 1]
I found god inside of my microphone
It was a really funny kind of experience
Maybe I was just really in the zone
Or he just really wanted to start hearin' this
And it's strange how no one else wanted to listen
I shine but rhinestones can also glisten
So if I'm a diamond I'm surrounded by badazzlers
Never claimed I was a hard core battler
But I can swing my battle axe rap just to demonstrate
And wordplay is always there, not to compensate
But to let you contemplate like "What the hell have I done?"
You know those days when you want to pick up and run?
I've had as many of those as rice bowls
And they usually all dropped like new years goals
But my pick me up is writing it all down
Receipts and bus transfers contain my verbs and nouns
And I love it when I get on the stage to share
You know what they say, if you do it then you care
Eyes transfixed on this Asian kid
It's enough to make you give a risky bid
White button up, underwear and my shades on
Give me some paper so I can go cray on
I'm over 9000 like a certain super Sayan
This is my parade and I hope that it gets rained on
We didn't bring umbrellas or any kind of poncho
We just enjoy the water so boy, let it flow
Let it go like pranking in tug of war
Let it show like the aforementioned metaphor
Relax and make sure to holla back real nice
To all the people that are here tonight
Shout out to Donald Glover: my real life idol
Inspired me to handlebars like bicyles
It's a beautiful life, I hope we know this
It's a bit difficult to really notice
But as long as you stay a bit more focused
You can stay off the ground without being so hopeless
I wanna get high without any green
I wanna be treated as an adult and stay a teen
I want a lot of contradicting factors as of right now
And overall I just wanna bloody write now
Let me slum it with the hipsters and the poets
Let me act dumb with my friends. But with opponents
Never shy away from a competition
Thirsting for a win. It's inside my composition
 Notes inside the margins: the key to success
Jingling on my belt loop. Oh shoot, let me suggest
A proper introduction with a multitude of names
The full one is Alexander Anh Tu Dang
But, I like being called Takumi The Fox
Nerdfighters give me reblogs, follows and props
Though I'm starting to think of alter egos
Because wherever I go, we go
So primo, I hope to see on VEVO
A song by me, AKA Kid Scapino
They called me this and that and told me I couldn't rap
I was a wannabe gangster and I wanted to be black
But I can clearly see my complexion
And I'm not coughing due to congestion
But just to lessen the awkwardness
AHEM
Let me school you in all of this
You see, I'm more hip hop than you'll ever be
Because hip hop is more than swag and jewelery
Call it adversity, call it the music of the youth
Just know when I do it, I leave it all in the booth
I write songs of myself like Whitman did
Did you just receive a huge shipment of wit?
Well whatever I am and whatever you call me
I'm sure I'll be damn skippy, peachy and balmy

No comments:

Post a Comment