Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Knockturnal

[Verse 1]
Exhausted all day and energized in the evenings
Practicing my logical doubt mixed with good reasonings
The city sleeps so I can hear her snoring
Quietly writing my thoughts to tell her in the morning
Scrolling through my dashboard like Super Nintendo
Cooking up midnight spam teriyaki bento
Headphones in my head as loud as they wanna be
No worry for anybody out there calling me
Text message on your screen, I'm looking for company
If the internet is our new god then I am just an underling
Lamp light provides the perfect reading luminence
Insomnia is nothing. Oh, but are you new to this?
It isn't really a problem, nothing I can't handle
Inside my mind at night ignites some roman candles
The greens and red reflect off my brain's chapel
Watching green and red apples drop like problems to grapple
Scribbling down life's greatest mysteries all on my skin
Doing this right now and hell yes, I'll do it again
Take covers under covers and daydream in the dark
Fantasize implies the nigh that it'll hit the mark
But since I don't sleep, I have to dream with my eyes open
Chain remains unbroken: solo cigarette smokin'
There has to be someone else awake right now
Driving through the night like I'm looking for vowels

[Chorus] x2
There's somethin' inside you
It's hard to explain
They're talking about you boy
But you're still the same 

[Verse 2]
Hand gripped tightly on the steering: watch my drive
Velour verses venerate vorpal villains: that's a v5
Looking cool as what, cruising through green lights
Traveling up in my lane so I'll always be right
But thoughts are crowded despite the empty vessel
So I drown em out by turning up the bass and the treble
Without the pedal on the metal, still on point like stilettos
Ride through the residential areas and the old ghettos
Sleep deprivation only throws a mean curved pitch
Giving more ups and downs than a hydraulic switch
Late nights call for very early decisions
Parked on the side to type out with precision
I'm lonely tonight, looking through my contacts
But anyone I would dial wouldn't pick up or call back
What a life I live. No one to turn to
I'm on a one way street with a full tank to burn through
I've earned dues and paid them. This is what I get?
A head full of what ifs and nights riddled with bets
Nothing concrete beside the road unneath
Maybe all I really need is just a good night of sleep
Too far gone: the sun is peaking into my faltered eyes
One night sapped from one misguided ride
I wish I was talking to you
Because you never know someone until you talk at 4am. And that's the truth.

[Chorus] x2
There's somethin' inside you
It's hard to explain
They're talking about you boy
But you're still the same 

No comments:

Post a Comment